Organic food is simply tastier and more nutritious. Why so? Because greater attention is paid to quality. Selection of crop varieties are made keeping in mind nutrition and taste and increased soil quality instead of size, appearance, storage and shipping characteristics.
Organic food is produced without using synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, hormones, antibiotics, sewage sludge, irradiation, or any genetically modified organisms. Cultivation methods using large quantities of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, the presence of veterinary drugs in meat products, and the entirely unknown impact of genetically modified varieties of grains make inorganically grown food grains unsafe in the long run.
Organic food is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations.
- The average non organic fruit contains more than 20 pesticides.
- Organic food is richer in vitamins, minerals and fibre and retains the levels of nutrients for much longer.
- Your body will be more resistant to disease as it will have higher levels of the essential nutrients it needs to fight off infection
- You will have more energy through consuming lower levels of toxins and chemicals that slow your body down
- Organic food producers must meet stringent standards
- Organic farms respect our water resources and do not leach nitrogens and other pollutants from their soil
- Organic food just tastes so much better